Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

FRENCH TOAST



its saturday and everyone is expected (allowed) to sleep in a little bit longer than usual... no sound of alarms ringing... just me with my fluffy pillows, a warm blanket and a slightly cool weather...NOT!

i woke up today around 4am.... yes F-O-U-R-freaking-am. darn body clock, messed up again! ayayay!


so what does one do during wee hours in the morning? well, as for me, i went online and watched my koreanovela of the month (finished it and it was GOOD! :D) after all that, I still cant sleep.

so at 5.30am, i've got nothing to do. i decided to go downstairs and rummage the fridge. "TING!" *lightbulb on top of my head* i have an idea, why don't i make myself some french toast. i looked for some bread, check. then butter, check. eggs, check. milk, check. sugar, check. and the optionals--whip cream, check and choco syrup, check. YEY! I’m all set!

i made this with one person in mind--MYSELF! Hehehehe everyone is still asleep and i'm betting it'll be hours more before anyone wakes up so why make batches of toast?!?

yum!!!



INGREDIENTS: 1 egg (BIG!)
milk (i put a little as possible because i'm lactose intolerant BY CHOICE hehe)
sugar (estimate on how sweet you want your toast)
2 pcs of white bread
PROCEDURE:
*beat the egg and combine with milk and sugar
*soak the bread into the egg mixture
*heat pan with butter, and fry the bread until golden brown
*OPTIONALS: maple syrup, whip cream, fruits or sprinkled with powdered sugar..you can also add cinnamon or vanilla in the egg mixture :) a variety can be done with this toast... just use your imagination!


another look of perfection hahaha
NOTE: what i did here is just the "basic" french toast, for lack of availability of other ingredients this early hour... as you can see in the pics, i've decided not to use the cream anymore...this is more than enough for me!

with morning paper on one hand, a coffee on the other and this french toast in front of me...my morning is complete!
…off to bed!
prettytwistedchick

No comments:

Post a Comment