Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

point-shoot-exposed!!! (Singapore 2012 Trip Day1)


I know, I know this is a SUPER KADUPER late post...like nine months late. If this is pregnancy I would have given birth by now! ha!

But as always, I blame heavy workload and ultra active social life (read: just plain old lazy!) and I just had to have this long weekend/holiday to realize that I haven't posted my Singapore travel early this year (like first week of February 2012).

It was a much-anticipated out of country trip with my happy friends and a reunion of with Tots (who is based in Singapore).

where to go?!?

FIRST AGENDA: ACCOMMODATION

We were all travelling with a pre-set budget and Tots found us a cute backpacker place right in the heart of Chinatown and very much near to the train stations and pubs.

place for backpacks

We stayed at Beary Best Hostel (one of the three BEARY HOSTELS in Singapore). Its safe, affordable and very...uhmm, should I say, BEARY BEST indeed! The staff were very nice and very friendly. Its way different from the hotels that I were used to. It gave an opportunity for us travellers to meet new people. (Note: I was told that there were 2 or 3 cute guys in our room but I never got the chance to see them, they were out most of the night and we were out most of the day! too bad! haha)

I love the concept of a backpacker's place. It house a lot of very cool and very diverse people... We met some Koreans, Indonesians, Taiwanese, Malaysians and even fellow Filipinos    in the shared breakfast nook. I was told that it was a holiday in Malaysia (I think) during that weekend that's why a lot of tourists were there. We even met two honeymooner couples!

The place was cozy, very alive---colorful, and they have unlimited coffee and wifi (what more could I ask for?)

I think this is a mandatory piece of furniture...just saying
I LOVE their lamp/chandelier
common living room
where we lounge after hours of serious SG walking

breakfast nook
must be considerate of fellow backpacker
my bed for the whole weekend


SECOND AGENDA: EXPLORATION

No need for a lot of words... I was awestruck by how amazing the country is and how wonderful and diverse the people are! I am in love with the city. Here are the places we visited on our first day.


off we go exploring with our very own tour guide 
where every tourists go


A sight for sore eyes!






love the architecture





lovely city indeed!
breathtaking


THIRD and LAST AGENDA: EAT

We were all exhausted and since its our first night there, we decided to eat in a restaurant named: Thai Express. I hardly had pictures as we all were just plain H.U.N.G.R.Y!


menu
Chicken Curry with Chips something
Pad Thai
good old Fried Chicken
when my mom saw this, she told me... YOU WENT TO SG TO DRINK BUCO JUICE???? there are a lot of them here!


SNIPPETS OF WHAT WE DID ON OUR FIRST DAY!
1. take pictures of my HAPPY friends
2. Pose with some street statues
3. Ask random tourist to take our picture
4. Find a cool lighting fixture and pose beside it
5. Have a standard tourist shot taken
6. Have a wacky picture taken with a dragon
three happy campers

good times with happy friends.

prettytwistedchick


No comments:

Post a Comment